At the end of 2013, I made a pretty chill mix for my girlfriend for Christmas. It kicked off a series of downtempo and acoustic mixes I’ve put together since then.
This first one features a lot of my favorite artists, from Kings of Convenience to Broken Social Scene to James Taylor to Air to Tycho. A lot of love went into this mix. I realized I truly loved her when we heard “Coastal Break” live together at Lincoln Hall in Chicago.
I actually “mixed” them all on Garage Band to create one long track (I say “mixed” in quotes because it is kinda rough in my opinion. I’m no DJ). It’s quite pleasant and makes for good background music. If you’d like it, hit me up and I will send over the MP3.
I also recreated it on Spotify. Unfortunately they do not have the acoustic version of “Swimmers” by Broken Social Scene, The Tallest Man Alive covering Paul Simon’s “Graceland” (which is fucking gorgeous), or the Frisbee’d version of Feist’s “Lonely Lonely”.
1. Hey Ocean! – If I Were A Ship
2. Bibio – A Tout a L’heure
3. Jim Croce – Walkin’ Back to Georgia
4. James Taylor – You Can Close Your Eyes
5. Nick Drake – One of These Things First
6. Kings of Convenience – Freedom and it’s Owner
7. Broken Social Scene – Swimmers (Acoustic)
8. Minus The Bear – Hoory (Acoustic)
9. The Tallest Man Alive – Graceland (Paul Simon Cover)
10. The Black Keys – Meet Me in the City
11. Lord Huron – Lonesome Dreams
12. White Denim – A Place to Start
13. Umphrey’s McGee – The Pequod
14. Broken Social Scene – Guilty Cubicles
15. Tycho – Coastal Break
16. Groove Armada – Little by Little
17. Zero 7 – Destiny
18. Air – You Make it Easy
19. Feist – Lonely Lonely (Frisbee’d Mix)
20. Telepopmusik – Breathe