Below, in no real order, you’ll find my favorite albums released in 2019 so far. Only 14, so don’t feel overwhelmed or left behind.
I put together a playlist of my favorite songs of the year. Check those out embedded above and be sure to follow me on Spotify.
- This is probably my favorite Bibio LP, in a long line of great Bibio LPs. Folk-y with electronic elements, very introspective and relaxing.
Jamila Woods – Legacy! Legacy!
- Chicago R&B artist Jamila Woods absolutely crushed this one. It’s so inspiring to hear and see an artist fully realize their vision.
Broken Social Scene – Let’s Try the After Vol. 1 & Vol. 2
- 3/5ths of Bear vs Shark return for their first album in six years. I imagine BvS would’ve gone in this direction had they stuck together
- 18 year old Zach is stoked people still make music like this
- One of my favorite singer-songwriters coming out of the UK.
- Quiet and contemplative music for loud and ignorant times
LCD Soundsystem – Electric Lady Sessions
- Just a dude playing acoustic guitar. That can be more than enough sometimes.
Maggie Rogers – Heard It in a Past Life
Better Oblivion Community Center – S/T
- This is easily the most interesting hip-hop album to come out this year so far.
Please enjoy these and let me know what I may have missed in the comments!