I need to do a better job of organizing my favorite podcasts throughout the year for the sake of my own sanity and time.
It’s also a bummer that you can’t make playlists for podcasts on either Apple or Spotify.
Anyway, here is a list of my favorite podcasts from the year that I could remember.
- Don’t expect anything ground breaking from another true crime podcast, To Live & Die in LA. But it’s plenty intriguing.
- Bill Simmons sat down with Apple Music’s Zane Lowe, The Daily Show’s Trevor Noah, Ben Stiller, & Spike Lee
- This American Life examines conspiracy theories and their effects on normal people.
- Russell Brand’s podcast, Under the Skin, with the iceman Wim Hof, Fearne Cotton on mental health, & Laurence Scott examines your life online.
- Hit Parade contextualizes the music of Stevie Wonder & Creedence Clearwater Revival
- Joe Rogan with alternative history journalist Graham Hancock, Russel Brand, Kevin Hart, athlete Gabrielle Reece, Ben Shapiro, climate journalist David Wallace-Wells, addiction specialist Johann Hari, presidential candidate Andrew Yang, Sam Harris, Blink 182’s Travis Barker, anti-aging with David Sinclair, NYT’s Bari Weiss, social psychologist Jonathan Haidt, & Mike Tyson
- Talkhouse Podcast with Broken Social Scene’s Kevin Drew
- Freakonomics explores Parenting, 23 & Me, Student Debt, & Spotify
- Brian Koppelman sits down with Jocko Willink
- Sam Harris with Roger McNamee and the trouble with Facebook, Twitter’s Jack Dorsey, & the Information War with Renee DiResta
- Radiolab examines the hours that the Dinosaurs went extinct. They also explored the Loops that shape our lives.
- New York Times’ The Daily has been absolutely crushing it lately. I can’t recommend every episode enough.
Let me know some of your favorites in the comments!